🅔🅝🅖 Business Woman - Nathy Peluso

septiembre 23, 2020





I know I said this would be a blog analyzing movies, but I also spend my days watching music videos, so why not analyze them too, because some of them are very interesting.

I'll start with a short understanding of the story behind this video. The narrative thread develops in an office headed by four characters, Nathy's alter egos, which represent each facet of our artist, which lead her own projects of her career as a singer and composer. In terms of this personalities, she explains it better that myself, so I leave you an interview below. From minute 3:16 to minute 4:09 and you can also activate the subtitles.


As Nathy peluso told us, It's all about four personalities which represent her different aspects as a woman who leads her own projects:

Popstar
(The smile)
The CEO (Leader)
The devil
The mechanical



Each character shows us how they play their role all along the music video, where we can see when some of them takes control in each time.The situation resulted in a state of chaos due to the disparate personalities. The mechanical press a button alarm and Nathy Peluso appears in a kind of a desert riding a phallic form object.


My interpretation of this last scene is that although Nathy has differents facets, she achieves to execute each one of them, and all of them take part in her persona. She controls everything.

*NSYNC (2000). Bye Bye Bye

Okay, we know what she wanted to tell us. Now let's go into detail. The first thing I thought when I saw it was: *NSYNC. The video is based in 2000s music videos of pop music cause, except for the last scene, the whole video has a square format like the old televisions. Also the members of the bands in the 2000s greatest hits used to appear in a kind of a monochrome closed room, with vivid and saturated colors and a white lighting.

Five (1999). Keep on movin'

Another feature I've seen in this type of music videos is that every member has the same choreography. In addition it used to employ the fish-eye and a low angle, although the latest don't take part in Nathy's video. Actually the angle in the whole Peluso's video is at the eye level.
Destiny's child (1999). Say my name

Nathy also use the resource of the split screen in order to represent a telephone conversation, which was very popular in the 2000s TV series.

Jansen, A (2001). Lizzie McGuire
Nathy Peluso (2020). Business Woman



The atrezzo is in line with the era 
and could not be missing it as well

   
Curiously, when the devil dials the
number in the telephone to talk with
the popstar, the number is 666



And last but not least about the 2000s inspirations I'd like to add a final detail. The hairstyle it's so typical from the 2000s, blond and brown wicks.

I have to say that the devil took my attention cause it reminds me of some outfits which wore artists like David Bowie, Björk or Lady Gaga all along their career.

David Bowie

Lady Gaga

Björk



And guess what have in common this three characters: Alexander McQueen
Not all the costumes of this artists were designed by McQueen, but most of their careers have been covered by his designs.


Also, realize that most of the garments have shoulder pads, a very exaggerated shoulder pads which gives you the feeling of power and control. In a way, is frightening too. It's an element which is used to some villains like Jafar in Aladdin.
Betsy Johnson is the stylists in charge of the designs of the music video. I've investigated about her, but I've found NOTHING. The only source of information is her instagram, so I have to assume that she was influenced by McQueen because her style has things in common like the extravagance, the use of strong colors or the macabre topics.
Betsy Johnson's Instagram


Alexander McQueen designs

After telling you all I've found relevant about this music video, here is my opinion:
I liked so much. I like the concept and I think it was well executed. I also liked the 2000s inspirations and the song is so catchy.
Concerning to the artist, I'm a huge fan of Nathy Peluso. I think she offers a very original submissions within the musical business and she's very creative too. The only thing that disappoints me a bit is her style at singing and rapping cause It's too similar to a puerto rican rapper called Hurricane G who emerged in 1997.
My comfort is that Nathy have a lot of other creative stuff and compensates. How he feels what he says with such strength and passion and conveys it to you.

And at last but not least:
Remember this is a teamwork😉

And that's it for today. I hope you liked it and enjoy as I've enjoyed writing it. If you have not listened the song, I invite you to listened it cause it's pretty cool, and to listen the rest of her discography.
DIKRA.

You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Popular Posts

Like us on Instagram

Contact us

Nombre

Correo electrónico *

Mensaje *

Dikra Zahriou Berrak. Con la tecnología de Blogger.

Subscribe