🅔🅝🅖 365 - Katy Perry

septiembre 27, 2020

 



This week it's time for a music video so I've chosen a Katy Perry's song. I know it's not one of her greatest hits but it's very interesting so let's go.

First things first, let's begin with a bit of context. The music video is located in a A.I. and Robotics center. They're studying how an artificial intelligence can learn to love testing it and teaching it how to be a human. The situation gets out of control and at the end, Katy is disconnected.


On one hand there is Zedd, who represents the human, theoretically. I've said theoretically cause he seems more like the robot based on his behavior. He responds very quickly and like a dictionary. And I think he is who created the robotics center cause the brand's logo has his initial.



Also he knows the difference between obsession and love but doesn't know what love is. And at the end of the music video he was asked if he felt something and his answer was: NO




On the other hand there is Katy, an artificial intelligence who learns how to love but gets out of control. She's always looking out for his significant other, but it gets kinda toxic. In fact, I interpret that red light as how passional is she until the anger takes over her.


Katy Perry wants us to reflect about how love could end up becoming an obsession if we don't have a healthy relationship.



Now let's talk about fashion and design. Every Katy's outfit is inspired by the 60s women style. Starting by the bra-corset with cones. I bet you a margherita pizza that this bra reminds you of Madonna. Actually Madonna made it popular at 1990 and it was designed by Jean Paul Gaultier, who was also inspired by the pointed bra Marilyn Monroe used to wear.


Madonna in the 90s
Marilyn Monroe in the 50s




















Actually Katy Perry have worn this kind of bra multiple times along her career, with all type of colours and shapes and probably based on Gaultier's design.

Draker, R (May, 2013). MAXCOVERSTORY.
Max [Magazine]
Photography by Martin Schoeller
Concert in Orlando
Tour California Dreams (2011)




















 

Perry, K (2010). California Gurls


Perry, K (2010). California Gurls















As I've said before, Katy's outfit was inspired by the 60s woman style. Who used to wear the dress to the knees, the headband, that haircut and so on.

Katy Perry and Zedd at the
iHeartRadio Music Awards in 2019

Women of the 60's




















What I'm going to expose are speculations from my crazy brain but I share it anyway. I see a clear reference to the 60s furniture, but through the clothing.

2.22
2.19




















60's furniture

In this example it's more perceptible.
In the 60s emerged an artistic movement which tried to break out with the modernism. The characteristic of this movement are:
  • The use of plastic as a new material to work with
  • Vivid and saturated colours
  • Fluid lines and geometric shapes (like the headdress)
In addition, the garments of the scientists at the robotics center have a careful attention to the design and the form too.

This is how far we've come with the analysis. It has been shorter than the others but it's okay cause I don't have to always bug on you.

Now it's time for they section: My favourite frames
Actually each Katy's face has been hilarious, but my favourite part was this amazing zoom:


It takes me out of the context, but I don't care cuz it's so funny.

Regarding my opinion about the music, I have to say that I really liked it cause invites us to reflect onto an important issue. Also It's not the first time Katy does this kind of songs. She makes us think in Chained to the rhythm or in Rise too.
WHat she tells us it matters more than the song itself.
I only have one question, why with robots? It looks like a Black Mirror chapter.

And at last, but not least:
Remember this is a teamwork😉


And that's it all. Thanks for read my blog, I really appreciate it and I'm so sorry if my english is not perfect. I've tried my best. I'll see you next week with a new movie. If you have any suggestion about a film or something you want me to analyse, leave it in the comments below. I'll be delighted to do it 💕
DIKRA.










You Might Also Like

0 comentarios

Popular Posts

Like us on Instagram

Contact us

Nombre

Correo electrónico *

Mensaje *

Dikra Zahriou Berrak. Con la tecnología de Blogger.

Subscribe